Thursday, May 23, 2013

Why Unravel the Maze

As my family can attest, I have spent many years climbing my family tree.  Sometimes the journey has been exciting and sometimes frustrating but the more I gathered the vital facts of an ancestor's existence, the more I wanted to know about the person.  

Sadly, I discovered I do not descend from very many dedicated journal writers.  But I have discovered other items that have provided insight into a few of their lives.  Other sources have provided interesting information about the places where they lived and events that happened during their lives.  These have helped bring these people to life again and keeps me looking for ways to learn more.  

One of the more difficult journeys has been building the family tree of my husband's grandfather.  Joseph Samuel Marrom died before my husband was born but his story has all the elements of the American dream. His family has proven to be very elusive.  My husband, his sister and I have worked for several years hoping to unearth leads to move beyond just the names of his mother and father.

In an effort to reach out to Marroms scattered throughout the world, I started a blog, Marrom Quest.  Follow the link to learn more about Joseph and how he came to America.   http://marromquest.blogspot.com/

In future posts, I will share some of treasures I have discovered how I was able to discover them and why they mean so much to me.  As we unravel the maze of how I came to be where I am today, please feel free to contribute comments on places you may recognize, people you may know and suggestions on how or where to find information that would expand understanding and appreciation of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment